My avatar

Monday, August 6, 2012

Post #8
I know that I have 5 net books and 5 itouches for my classroom.  I am SO excited to use them and integrate them in to the classroom routine!

I got some ideas about how I can use them from Classroom Integration:
Individual Learning Devices

  • Student created podcasts/videos
  • Student publishing
  • Journaling/writing
  • Investigations
  • Collecting/Monitoring Data
  • Graphing
  • Audiobooks
  • Content-specific reinforcement activities
  • Enrichment with edu-games
  • Virtual Field Trips, Tours
  • Webquests
  • Personal Information Manager
Paired Activities (in conjunction with above)
  • Shared whiteboard space
  • Paired tutorial games
  • Oral fluency practice
Small Groups (in conjunction with above)
  • Student-created tutorials
  • Collaborative writing and editing
Whole Group (in conjunction with above)
  • Journaling
  • Writing prompts
  • Whole group formative assessment
Learning Stations (in conjunction with above)
  • Targeted activities around a specific theme
  • Integrated step in a project-based unit
The main issue is to build the classroom procedures so the use of the net books/ itouches DO NOT interfere with the flow of the routine.  It takes repetition, practice, and more practice.  The more time I spend to set up the class procedures, the better!

No comments:

Post a Comment