My avatar

Monday, August 6, 2012

Post #7
(9)  Reading/Comprehension of Literary Text/Fiction. Students understand, make inferences and draw conclusions about the structure and elements of fiction and provide evidence from text to support their understanding. Students are expected to:
(A)  describe the plot (problem and solution) and retell a story's beginning, middle, and end with attention to the sequence of events
I plan to have my 3 different sections of Language Arts collaborate with each other. I will do a read aloud (The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane) to them, and have them give textual evidence in their posts on Edmodo of a global question on the novel. For example, why does each chapter feature a different family?
I foresee using this as a center and as an assessment to see if students are keeping track of the text. I want students from different classes to compare their ideas and even have academic debates about predictions for the novel.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment