My avatar

Monday, August 6, 2012

POST #10

I want the kids to be safe from online predators, have good judgement about using the internet (appropriate use and credible sources), and not violate copyright law in order to be good online citizens.

Clear perimeters are needed to make sure that kids have an understanding of the expectations in the student handbook. I will break it down into kid language and the kids will make anchor charts to use as reminders about the expectations.

I will definitely use Brainpop to talk about plagiarism and online safety- I want the kids to have many opportunities to know that we are serious about the need to be careful online.

I would like to have the students prepare short digital presentations to show parents how they practice safe internet/technology skills for Back to School Night. (They could possibly learn something too!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment